Saturday 25 August 2012

Disco Birthday Party

Okay, I must admit that the birthday parties are getting much easier as the kids get older and just want to hang out and do their own thing.  I like that I am not stressing about every detail and spending hours making props and decorations, but I also miss the fun of planning and executing a true full blown theme party that has every detail planned out. (Of course, I miss that as I am a raging Type A and am all about the details.)  Some of the best parties I did were pre-digital and all the shots were captured on my 35mm.  Too bad! Maybe someday I can have them transferred to digital form.

My daughter's most recent birthday was probably the easiest yet.  Aside from the invitations, banner and cake….I really didn't do much else.  Here are some pictures from her party.

For the invitation, I made a record and attached the outfit to the front.  I cut the outfit out of old jeans and some fabric left over from my daughter's Halloween hippie costume.  I printed the party details in  a circle shape on the computer and then printed them out on purple paper that matched the shirt and glued the info on the back.  They turned out really well.  The envelope was made out of white card stock.  The shoe was made on my cricut.
The invitation is the record with the disco outfit on the front, to the left is the envelope I made for it.
My traditional birthday banner!

The disco cake - I think one of my best attempts at fondant!  I might finally have it down pat.  I have found that the marshmallow fondant works the best.






No comments:

Post a Comment