Tuesday 31 July 2012

Scrapbooking Room Layout

I am fortunate to have an extra room in my home with a beautiful wall of windows and lots of natural light. The room is about 6' and 9'.   It is always difficult to keep this work space tidy as I nearly always have a project on the go.  This is pretty much as tidy as it gets!




I have my scraps of paper sorted by colour and hanging in ziploc bags below the windows.



The dark blue drawers on the white shelf are just a workshop organizer for  screws , bought from the hardware store.  The large beadboard drawer is actually the drawer that my old ugly melamine desk had.  I loved the feature for storing my Cricut and knew I would really miss the storage and pull-out drawer feature, so we just cut it out of the desk and re-faced/aged it.  The desk was a great find!  I bought this solid oak beauty off Kijiji for $40.  I sanded and stained the top as it was in very bad shape, but didn't touch the long drawer/legs at all.  I love the weathered look.
The cabinet on the left was purchased on Kijiji as well.  It was only $40, but was in really bad shape.  It is not very well made (as I found out later), but it opens up to give me an extra work surface and has cubbies that make great storage.  (The before and after shots are in the furniture make-over section.)





No comments:

Post a Comment