Thursday 20 June 2013

Ready, Set, Go!


My husband and I began our internet marketing business a few weeks ago and have been committed to learning all we can about the business.  I am a teacher and my job is very demanding.  In addition to work, we have two children that are involved in numerous activities throughout the week.  We are indeed, busy, but no busier than the average family with two working parents.  It is amazing how much time you can find in a day when you change your priorities.  There will always be 24 hours a day, but when you become focussed on a dream and a goal, you realize that you need to capitalize on each and every hour of every day, if you truly want to get ahead and make positive changes in your life.  I have learned to turn off the radio during my 30 to 40 minute commute and to plug into some great teachings on how to better myself, our finances and our lives, in general.  I have to drive to work anyways, so why not make the most of my time.  Each day, I am committed to receiving positive life changing messages for a minimum of one hour per day.  Not only does this feed my heart and soul, but it also cuts me off from the “Constant Negative News” we receive through the media.  Win! Win!  I find this improves my attitude and sets me up for a great day at work and then re-energizes me for my time at home with my family at the end of my work day.  Right now, I am totally loving listening to Scott Anderson’s series called “Think Like a Billionaire”.  It is great!  One of the best messages that he weaves into all of his teachings is the power of a 21 day commitment.  Do anything consistently for 21 days and you have got yourself a new habit.  It truly works, and his teachings are all very inspiring and practical.
DSCN1068
My husband and I make a great team.  We have taken on many partnerships in our 24 years together.  We were caretakers of an apartment block for a period of 10 years, owned a restaurant and have worked together on many renovation and “upcycling” projects.  Generally, we work really well together and I know this will be no exception.  Our plan is for me to primarily take on the role of blogging.  This is not too much of a stretch for me as I had already started blogging last year.  I love to talk and never seem to run out of ideas or things to say, so my husband figures I am the natural choice for this role. In the past, I primarily used my blog as a personal journal.  I was not interested in traffic or followers, it was more just a way of documenting our life and experiences.  I really just sat down when I felt inclined to write and there really was no level of commitment.   Obviously, I need to be all in, if we are to make this work.  He, on the other hand, is a man of few words.  So, Tim will be doing more of the marketing in our new business.  I am sure we will both dabble in both, but our commitment will definitely be shared.  Prosperity, here we come!
My school year is just winding down and I have been looking so forward to pouring my heart and soul into this business and my blog over the summer months.  Anyone who knows me well, will tell you that I do nothing part way. That is, of course, if I have truly made a commitment.  I am very cautious with what kinds of commitments I make, because once I make a decision, I am all in.  As I begin to share my interests and passions each day, you will see that I am not very good at settling.  I am by no means perfect, but certainly strive to do my best with the skills I have and the time I have available.  Until tomorrow…..
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment